Starting out

The first step is the hardest, especially if it is on water. You sink or float. That being said it is hoped that all will work out one way or another.
4 options await us:
we come back with the boat
we come back with each other
we come back back with the boat and each other
we don't come back
Relatively simple eh!

Now to get down to see if I can get this blog page set up.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Aug 21-23 Parry sound to Go Home Bay



Been a few days as we have connection problems. I lost connection with the Blackberry, no phone, no internet. SIM issue. The Bell coverage in this area is not great either.

Sat Aug 21 went through Parry Sound, topped up gas, got pumpout and free shuttle service up to Sobey's for shopping. Had a real good coffee,while out. This instant stuff gets to you after a while. Weather last few days has not been great either, rain, cloudy, winds... but you have all had the same. A few pictures of Parry Sound and and the anchorages we hit. We also stopped off at Henry's Fish Restaurant for lunchThis was in San Souci ( Frying Pan Island.
Beacuse of the rough weather on Georgian Bay we were pretty well restricted to the small craft route, and unfortunately very littk sailing opportunities, due to channels , shoals and depth.
At 12 Mile Bay we anchored in a little inlet called Wani Bay. Over a dozen boats were doing the same and by the end of the evening it was quite crowded.
Low and behold , at 11pm, I did my final eveing check and to my shock found my dingy running over another boats anchor line. This was a little too close for me, our anchor alarm did not go off, so all I can figure is that I under estimated the amount of anchor the boat beside me had out and his swing and my swing overlapped. We booted out of there quick and re- anchored a bit farther up. Took 2 times for the anchor to set. I wasn't comfortable as we didn't have a chance to observe our swings etc, so I slept in the cockpit , close to the alarm should if go off. Winds died down at 5am, so all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment